In celebration of the 60th anniversary of Audio-Technica we present the ATH-WB2022, a groundbreaking pair of luxury headphones.
The housing of the ATH-WB2022 is carefully crafted from a selection of intertwined marbled maple, walnut, and mahogany wood. Behind the stunning exterior, the headphones house the world’s first* completely balanced audio output system. Equipped with an independent DAC and operational amplifier, the headphones support up to 24-bit/96 kHz high-resolution sound sources with both wireless and USB digital connections.
Only a limited number of this commemorative model are available in the world.
*As headphones. As of September 2022, according to Audio-Technica research.
Designed, Developed and Made in Japan
ATH-WB2022 is equipped with newly designed 45 mm HD drivers. The drivers reproduce vivid and expressive sounds, for a rich, detailed listening experience. An innovative LDAC codec provides high-resolution sound with a wide range. The ATH-WB2022 also supports the AAC and SBC codecs.
World’s First Fully Balanced Audio Output System
Independent L/R Balance
The world’s first fully balanced audio output system with independent DACs, operational amplifiers, and batteries for each Lch/Rch. The system provides sound with excellent channel separation, with no cross talk or noise interference between the left and right channels.
Wired or Wireless Listening
Up to 9 Hours of Power
Enjoy up to 9 hours of hi-fi audio. If the battery runs out, you can simply switch to a USB connection to continue using the headphones. After 5 minutes without being connected to a device, the power will automatically turn off to save battery life. Charging time is about 2.5 hours.
Audio-Technica’s First Wireless Wooden Headphones
Inspired by Nature
For more than 25 years we have experimented with the benefits of wooden headphones. In addition to the striking aesthetics, this combination of different woods has excellent acoustic properties, absorbing vibrations for a purer audio performance.
Audio-Technica Connect App
Fine-Tune Your Listening
In the dedicated Audio-Technica Connect app you can find five preset equalizers (including a default ‘flat’ setting) that can be selected to experiment with the soundscapes generated by these premium headphones. In addition, you can select between four volume levels: 16 (default), 32, 64 and 100.
Luxurious comfort made in Italy
A Sustainable Experience
Pairing practical durability with fashionable aesthetics, Alcantara provides a premium tactile experience, with a soft texture and elegant appearance. Alcantara is created with sustainable practices and is carbon-neutral.
Protecting Precious Cargo
We’re very proud to be partnered with ZERO HALLIBURTON for the sleek and robust case for the ATH-WB2022. Founded in the USA in 1938, ZERO HALLIBURTON was designed to survive harsh environments and to protect precious cargo – including moon rocks from Apollo 11 – since then, it’s the bag of choice for anyone with a desire for design and durability (plus cinema’s greatest superheroes and spies).
・ZERO HALLIBURTON is a trademark of Zero Halliburton.
- Audio-Technica’s first pair of wireless wooden headphones – developed to commemorate our 60th anniversary
- The housings, made from a combination of solid flame maple, walnut, and mahogany woods, have excellent acoustic properties and absorb vibrations for a purer audio performance
- Housings have separate acoustic and electrical chambers to optimize the acoustic properties of the wood
- Specially designed 45 mm HD driver, with high-performance magnetic circuit and DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated diaphragm, provides a rich, detailed listening experience
- First headphones in the world with a fully balanced audio output system – independent DACs, operational amplifiers, and batteries for left and right channels – for excellent channel separation
- Equipped with two (Lch/Rch) ESS DAC ES9038Q2M digital-to-analog converters, prized by audiophiles for delivering truly immersive, high-resolution audio
- Adopts Nisshinbo Micro Devices’ flagship MUSES05 chips for operational amplifiers
- Supports 24-bit/96 kHz high-resolution sound source playback via wireless or USB connection
- Compatible with high-quality LDAC and AAC codecs
- 10 mm diameter condenser microphone ensures crystal-clear audio for calls
- Up to nine hours of continuous use on a full charge
- Multipoint pairing function allows you to stay connected to two Bluetooth devices at once
- Buttons built into the earcups provide easy control of music playback, volume, microphone muting, and voice assistant functions
- A-T Connect app gives you additional control: activate low latency mode, adjust and save EQ to the headphones, select one of four optimized volume levels, change codecs, and more
- Premium, sustainable Alcantara earpads and headband provide luxurious comfort in warm and cool environments*
- Includes two 1.5 m (4.9′) 6N-OFC audio-grade cables: a USB-C to USB-A cable, and a USB-C to USB-C cable
- Includes a sleek, robust carrying case made in partnership with Zero Halliburton
- Exclusive product: a limited number of units are available worldwide
* Audio-Technica will replace the built-in battery and Alcantara earpads and headband free of charge