Planar 6 & Neo PSU
PREOWNED – COMPLETE – INCLUDES ANIA MC CARTRIDGE
The Planar 6 has one goal, to reproduce your vinyl as
accurately as possible. We have engineered every aspect of this turntable
to extract as much detail from the vinyl surface as possible. Advanced
materials and engineering solutions have been used throughout the design
to ensure the greatest level of performance. The Neo PSU offers electronic
speed change, advanced anti-vibration control and user adjustable electronic
fine speed adjustment only found on the RP10 until now.
The Planar 6 will be available with the recommended
*Ania MC factory fitted as an attractive package.
*All images shown include the Ania MC, sold separately or factory fitted if
The Planar 6 is built around the huge success of the RP8
and RP10 turntables. It is the first new Rega turntable to
be constructed with an ultra lightweight Tan-Cast 8 polyurethane foam core
plinth (a material developed for the aerospace industry). This
material is sandwiched between a new HPL (high pressure
laminate). HPL is exceptionally thin whilst extremely rigid and
is presented in a stunning Polaris matt grey finished with high gloss
polymer black edge trim.
The Planar 6 now benefits from a single piece, machined
aluminum sub-platter, a new 24v motor hand tuned and matched to its own
NEO power supply and custom drive pulley fitted with our upgrade EBLT drive belt as standard.
The Neo PSU uses the RP10 DSP (digital signal
processing) generator built upon a high stability crystal. The DSP generator
will divide the accurate signal from the crystal to the exact frequency
required to turn the platter at the selected speed. The DSP generator will also
produce a near perfect sinusoidal waveform to drive the motor. This, along
with an efficient drive amplifier, generates a 24V AC balanced signal of less
than 0.15% distortion, which is completely un-affected by any changes in the
mains/line voltage and conditions. This then drives the turntables anti-vibration
circuit, which is situated beneath the turntable.
- Custom matched Neo PSU
- Super lightweight foam core plinth.
- Plinth laminate: New Polaris HPL (high pressure laminate). Non-marking matt finish scratch resistant high rigidity skin.
- Available in one finish ‘Polaris Grey’ matt finish with high gloss black polymer edge trim.
- EBLT advanced drive belt
- Custom dual layer smoked / clear float glass platter.
- Single piece aluminium sub platter.
- Custom machined high precision drive pulley.
- Patent pending, ultra-low friction central brass hub.
- Rega’s double brace technology, with integral custom matched aluminium tonearm and hub pillars to ensure maximum rigidity and accuracy.
- RB330 handmade precision tonearm with custom stainless weight.
- New high spec Rega 24v low noise synchronous motor – each motor matched by hand to its own NEO PSU ensuring optimum anti-vibration control.
- New smoked dust cover.
- New aluminium foot trims and Planar style feet.
- Exact (MM), Ania (MC) or Ania Pro (MC) cartridge factory fitted (optional)