Perfect in larger residential and commercial installations where flexibility is important, the AD-8x Audio Distribution System combines a 16 channel audio amplifier with a matrix-switching preamplifier. This provides the ability to listen to eight different audio sources in any zone. In addition, up to four of the audio sources can come from other rooms, allowing sources like an iPod or PC to be accessed from other locations, away from the rack. Meanwhile, the integrated Cool Power® amplifier provides 25 watts per channel of crystal clear sound. Used with RTI controllers and processors the AD-8x provides complete control with two-way communication for zone-independent status feedback.
With RTI, imagine every aspect of your environment working in complete harmony – from audio and video to lighting, temperature, security and more.
The second generation of the AD-8 audio distribution system, the AD-8x has added powerful new features. The addition of Ethernet support allows two-way control via the LAN, while a web interface allows the AD-8x output zones to be tested during installation via a web browser on a smartphone, tablet or PC. This web interface is also used to configure output zones into groups, allowing them to be controlled as a single zone. Control is available via IR, while advanced two-way control is provided via RS-232 and IP when combined with RTI control solutions. When the job grows, the AD-8x can expand along with it. The eight zone outputs can easily be expanded by stacking up to eight AD-8x units together, for a maximum of 64 zones. The AD-8x from RTI will provide you with clean, stable, reliable power you can count on for years to come.
The AD-8x audio distribution system is designed to be a seamless extension of an RTI control system. The AD-8x provides the audio switching, amplification and distribution functions, while RTI central processors and user interfaces manage the audio source control, user input and status feedback. Information such as the selected source, volume level, and tone control settings are available for each zone. Depending on the source equipment used, more advanced information such as song playlists, cover art, and tuner RDS data may also be available.
Of course with RTI control systems, audio is just the beginning. Imagine every aspect of your environment working in complete harmony – from audio and video, to lighting, temperature and more. Such scenarios are only made possible from an audio distribution system backed by a real, professional grade control system. Thanks to the efficient engineering that defines the AD-8x, there is no reason to limit yourself to a system that was designed only for music – with RTI so much more is possible.
- Eight analog stereo audio output zones with fixed and variable pre-outs.
- Eight analog audio source inputs with independent trim level adjustment.
- Integrated 16 channel amplifier utilizes Cool Power® technology.
- Provides 25 watts per channel in each zone.
- Distribute eight audio source inputs to eight zone, expandable to 64 zones by stacking additional AD-8x units.
- Ethernet support and a web interface allows the AD-8x output zones to be tested during installation via a web browser on a smartphone, tablet or PC.
- Web interface allows zones to be configured into groups, allowing them to be controlled as a single zone.
- Controlled via IR, and two-way control with feedback via RS-232 and IP when installed with RTI control systems.
- Accessory wall plate (RSP-1) allows remote source equipment to be connected and controlled remotely over a Cat-5 cable.
- Optional phone and doorbell mute function.