The Tannoy CMS501 DC is a full bandwidth; high power and high sensitivity ceiling monitor system. The 130mm (5.00″) Tannoy Dual Concentric™ is a point source, constant directivity drive unit design comprising a multi fibre paper pulp mid bass cone and a 19mm (0.75″) ferrofluid cooled, titanium dome HF unit with neodymium magnet system. The driver and passive frequency dividing network is mounted in a vented, injection moulded, paintable front baffle manufactured from UV/weather resistant UL94V-0 ABS material.
The mid-bass and tweeter sections of the Tannoy Dual Concentric™ constant directivity driver are coincidentally aligned to a true point source; ensuring a wide and controlled dispersion for optimum coverage; this while avoiding the massive loss of energy, in the vertical plane at the crossover frequency, inherent in two-way discreet designs. This high power and high sensitivity design, with extended frequency response and very low distortion, is equipped with dynamic high frequency protection.
This compact unit is specifically designed for applications requiring the combination of premium sonic quality for music and speech reinforcement and exceptional reliability and intelligibility.
The CMS501 DC is equipped with a low insertion loss 30W line transformer easily configurable to the following settings via front baffle mounted rotary tapping switch:
- 70V systems: 30W / 15W / 7.5W / 3.75W / OFF & lowImpedance operation
- 100V systems: 30W / 15W / 7.5W / OFF & low Impedance operation
Spring loaded self-aligning clamps make for quick and easy installation, while all models are also supplied with two tile support rails and one C-ring included in the package. A plaster (mud) ring is available as an optional accessory.
- 5.00″ Point Source Dual Concentric Driver
- High Power & High Sensitivity with extendedfrequency response and very low distortion
- Wide, controlled constant directivity dispertion foroptimum coverage
- Does not suffer from massive loss of energy in thevertical plane at crossover caused by two way discreet designs
- UV/weather resistant UL94V-0 ABS front baffle
- Blind Mount & Pre Install options
- Dynamic High Frequency Protection
- Easily accessible tapping switch on front baffle
- Low insertion loss 30w line transformer
- Ferrofluid cooled Neodymium HF