THX® Ultra2 surround speaker with Klipsch Wide Dispersion Surround Technology. Sold in Pairs.
Priced and boxed as pairs
As part of the THX® Ultra2 family, the KS-525-THX surround loudspeaker with Klipsch Wide Dispersion Surround Technology™ (WDST) brings a new dimension of reality to home theater by using the same high-performance technology as the Klipsch professional cinema systems.
- Two 5.25-inch Cerametallic™ woofers
- Dual 5-inch square Tractrix® Horn tweeters
- Top-of-the-line internal wiring
The KS-525-THX produces a smooth, seamless, broad distribution of sound by employing a pair of 5.25-inch Cerametallic™ woofers and dual 5-inch square Tractrix® Horn tweeters in a Wide Dispersion Surround Technology array. WDST is the industry's no-compromise approach to surround speaker design because it offers both rich, immersion surround sound and precise localization of individual effects from a speaker that has much more placement flexibility than conventional designs.
This surround's sealed enclosure has the dado and rabbet construction used in Klipsch professional speakers, ensuring cabinet integrity in suspended applications. The Omni-Mount suspension points facilitate wall or ceiling mounting using standard hardware.
Available in a custom Galaxy black finish with an aluminum fascia, the KS-525-THX also utilizes top-of-the-line internal wiring to help listeners experience the true impact and exhilaration of surround sound
- BUILT FROM: 2004
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 2100Hz
- DIMENSIONS: 13.75" (35cm) H x 13" (33cm) W x 8.5" (21.6cm) D
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Sealed
- FINISHES: Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 80Hz-20kHz (+-)3dB
- HIGH FREQUENCY HORN: 5" square 90 x 60 Tractrix Horns in a WDST(tm) Array
- INPUT CONNECTIONS: 2 sets of binding post speaker terminals (connected via brass strap jumpers)
- MOUNTING: 2-bolt pattern, 1/4"-20 thread
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms compatible
- POWER HANDLING: 100 w max continuous (400 w peak)
- SENSITIVITY: 96dB @ 2.83 volts / 1 meter
- TWEETER: Two 1" (2.5cm) magnetically shielded, titanium dome compression drivers with neodymium magnet structures
- WEIGHT: 20 lbs. (9.1kg)
- WOOFER: Two 5.25" (13.3cm) magnetically shielded, Cerametallic cone, cast aluminum frame drivers