With its Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC), standalone Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) & Preamp, Digital-to-Digital Converter (DDC), standalone Digital-to-Digital Converter (DDC) with analog input and Headphone Amplifier, you will enjoy great audio your personal computer (Windows, Mac, netbooks) and even your portable devices with analog out. The AMI MUSIK DDH-1 supports 24 bit/192 kHz audio (24/192) in asynchronous mode—lossless audio of the same quality as HD audio master recordings.
Compatible with Window, Mac computers and even with your iPad (with your Camera Kit), the AMI MUSIK DDH-1 is the perfect Audio Music Interface for any audiophile who thirsts for pristine audio.
- All in one device for USB DAC, standalone DAC & Preamp, USB-DDC, standalone DDC with analog input, headphone amplifier.
- Asynchronous USB operation: bit-perfect digital audio and low clock jitter.
- High precision TCXO for asynchronous mode guaranteed < 2.5ps timing (period) jitter to achieve the highest clear sound. 44.1 kHz (and multiples, 22.5792MHz ±1.0ppm TCXO) and 48 kHz (and multiples, 24.576MHz ±1.0ppm TCXO).
- USB audio class 2 (up to 24-bit/192kHz) and high-speed asynchronous mode: Microsoft Windows® XP, Windows® Vista and Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit) with special driver compatible with WDM/Direct X, ASIO 2.1 and WASAPI exclusive. Apple OSX version 10.6.4 and above (no driver install required).
- Up to 24-bit/96kHz full speed mode compatible. If enabled for UAC2 when connected to an FS hub, it will fall back to UAC1, full speed mode.
- External 12V 2A high current DC power supply unit for high quality audio performance.
- Device supply voltage is generated by high precision DC/DC converter and set to +/- 10 V. Very low ESR conductive polymer capacitors enables efficient noise reduction.
- All high performance audio parts (Panasonic ECH metallized Polyphenylene film capacitors, Nichicon audio grade capacitors, conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitors) to be enclosed in a compact size
- Full aluminum finished exterior design case.
- Audio muting transistor for anti-pop control.
- ESD protection varistor, USB Surge protection circuit enabled.
- Standard dual RCA stereo line output jack with fixed gain and variable gain controlled by FIX/VAR select switch.
- High−performance dual unit precision potentiometer for line output (at variable mode) and headphone output volume control.
- Quad-level LED indication for sample rate status: 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz and 192kHz.
- Dual line output mode support pure DAC mode (fixed gain) and preamp mode (variable gain, potentiometer volume control).
- 6.35mm (1/4″) stereo phone jack for professional headphone output.
- 3.5mm (1/8“) stereo phone jack for various headphone/earphone output.
- Supports wide range impedance headphones up to from 16Ω to 600Ω.
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz S/PDIF input (TOSLINK optical & coaxial).
- Up to 24-bit/192kHz optical S/PDIF output from USB input, optical input, coaxial input and 24-bit/96kHz optical S/PDIF output from analog line input path.
Power & Input Source Toggle Switch:
Power Off / Digital / Analog
Digital Input Selection Toggle Switch:
Optical / USB / Coaxial
Sample Rate Indicator:
4 level. From bottom : 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 44.1+48 (176.4) / 88.2+96(192)
1/4″(6.35mm) Headphone Output:
Supports 16~600 Ω headphone output
3.5mm stereo Headphone Output:
Supports 16~600 Ω headphone output
Precision dual unit audio potentiometer
- RCA Line Output: Selection of Fixed(FIX.) gain output (level control disabled) and Variable(VAR.) gain (level control enabled via potentiometer)
- 3.5mm phone jack line input: External analog source input, Output to line out, headphone, optical. Linked to AKM 24/192 ADC, Input sample rate is fixed at 96kHz
- Optical Input: Support up to 24bit/192kHz (25Mbps)TOSLINK (black shutter) up to 24bit/192kHz S/PDIF signal input
- Coaxial Input: Gold Plated RCA jack. Support up to 24bit/192kHz SPDIF signal input
- Optical Output: Support up to 24bit/192kHz(25Mbps) TOSLINK (gray shutter) .Output source from analog, USB, Optical input. Output up to 24bit/192kHz
- USB Input: USB 3.0 B female jack for greater compatibility. Support High speed USB 2.0 Audio Class 2. (Driver required for Windows and no driver required for Mac)
- Line output mode select switch: Variable, Fixed. When in fixed gain mode , AMI MUSIK DDH-1 works as a pure DAC
- DC Power Input: External 12V 2A high current DC power supply unit for high quality audio performance. Device supply voltage is generated by high precision DC/DC converter and set to +/- 10 V.
- XMOS XS-L1 500MIPS single-core processor: High speed USB 2.0 with 480Mb/s of audio data (USB audio class 2 compatible), delivering 24-bit audio, sample frequencies up to 192kHz
- Macronix MX25L1006EMI-10G: SPI Flash 1 Megabit
- ATMEL ATMEGA328: main controller CPU
- SMSC USB3318C-CP-TR USB Transceiver
- TI PCM1795DB high-end quality supporting 32-bit resolution, sampling rates up to 200kHz , 123dB dynamic range, THD+N: 0.0005%. Advanced segment DAC architecture to achieve excellent dynamic performance and improved tolerance to clock jitter
- ALPS RK09L: Rotary Potentiometer
- TI DIX9211PWR 216-kHz Digital Audio Interface Transceiver (DIX) supports 50-ps ultralow jitter (DIR), asynchronous operation (DIR, DIT), 24-bit, 216kHz capable (DIR, DIT), 48-bit channel status buffer (DIT), asynchronous/asynchronous Operation (DIT)
- TI TPA6120A2DWP high fidelity stereo headphone amplifier for wide range impedance headphone drive. Premium grade 120dB dynamic range and excellent S/N ratio at ultralow distortion of 0.00014%. 1/4″ stereo phone jack and 3.5mm stereo phone jack for professional headphone output with premium grade headphone amplifier. Supports wide range impedance headphones up to 600Ω.
- DAC/Headphone Output: National LM49860 2pcs and NJM2114D 3pcs high performance operational amplifiers (I/V+LPF+ buffer total 4pcs / analog input 1pc) with swappable DIP socket
- LINE input: Analog input NJRC 2114D DIP *1
- AKM AK5386VTP-E2 high-end quality 110dB dynamic range, 24-bit, 216kHz stereo ADC for high quality line input. Analog input support line output, headphone output, 24-bit/96kHz fixed sample rate optical output
- Three separate clocks for USB (13 MHz ±10ppm crystal reference clock), 44.1 kHz (and multiples, 22.5792MHz ±1.0ppm TCXO) and 48 kHz (and multiples, 24.576MHz ±1.0ppm TCXO)
- High precision TCXO (Temperature compensated crystal oscillator) guaranteed < 2.5ps timing (period) jitter to achieve the highest clear sound
- Panasonic ECHU SMD Metallized Polyphenylene Sulfide Film Capacitors
- Nichicon Fine Gold Audio Grade UFG
- Conductive polymer aluminum solid electrolytic capacitors low ESR, Hi ripple current
- Audio Muting Transistor for anti-pop control
- ESD protection varistor, USB Surge protection
- 12V DC 2A SMPS adaptor
- Dimensions 113 x 45 x 146mm (W x H x D)
Digital inputs: USB 3.0 B Female (USB 2.0 B compatible) / TOSLINK optical/coaxial
- Supported sample rates of TOSLINK optical/coaxial: 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Supported sample rates of USB 3.0B: 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192 kHz
- Resolution: 16 or 24-bit
Analog input: 3.5mm stereo mini jack
- ADC sample rate: 96kHz fixed
Digital output: TOSLINK optical
- Supported sample rates of TOSLINK optical: 32 / 44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 / 176.4 / 192kHz
Line output: Dual gold plated RCA
- Output level: 2Vrms (unbalanced output)
- THD: less than 0.01% at 1 kHz
- Frequency response: 20 Hz/ 20kHz +-0.3dB
Headphones output: 6.35mm phone jack, 3.5mm phone jack
- Supported headphone impedance: 16 ~600Ω
- Output level: Max 100mW (32Ω loaded)
- THD: less than 0.01% at 1 kHz, 32Ω loaded, 100mW
- Frequency response: 20 Hz/ 20kHz +-0.3dB (32Ω loaded, 100mW)
The following items are included with the “AMI MUSIK DDH-1″ package:
- AMI MUSIK DDH-1 x 1
- 12V 2A AC-DC Adaptor x 1
- USB A male – USB cable (1.8m) x 1
- 3M bumpon x 4
- Quick start guide x 1
- Driver Installation & Manual CD-ROM