Audeze ADZ6B4 Balanced 4 Pin Cable
- Brand: Audeze
- Product Code: ADZ6B4
Free Lifetime Technical Assistance
No Longer Available
Audeze’s superb sounding balanced 4-pin cables are designed in-house with high-quality materials and are as thoroughly tested as all our products. We build in bulk and pass the savings to you maximizing the already high price/performance ratio.
Proprietary Cables at Reasonable Prices
The 8.2 ft (2.5 m) flat-ribbon cable (ADZ6B4) is constructed of audio grade, oxygen-free high-quality copper (OFHC). It’s actually a high-conductivity copper alloy electrolytically refined in an oxygen-free environment that reduces oxygen levels to below .001%.
For accurate bass and low impedance Audeze uses 20-gauge wire constructed of 140 flexible strands for extra durability. And to ensure great sound and reliability, your 4-pin cable is terminated with gold-plated, pro-grade connectors; one 4-pin male XLR and two 4-pin female mini-XLRs.
4-pins Are Better Than Two
Four contact points instead of two doubles the contact area and cuts resistance in half for a higher current capacity and more dynamic sound. The locking 4-pin construction also ensures your headphones will continue to work even if one pin were to fail.
Less Noise, More Music
The 4-pin cable’s sturdy but flexible and soft outer jacket eliminates microphonics: you’ll hear nothing when you touch the cable. Gold-plated contacts keep contact resistance low and avoid oxidization.
Audeze even designed a longer molded y-splitter (where the cable branches off to each ear). Tangle-free comfort makes for enjoyable listening sessions.
Specifications and Construction
- Proprietary 140-strand OFHC high-purity audio-grade copper
- 20 AWG for low impedance, high current capacity and extended high frequencies
- Flexible tangle free construction
- Non-microphonic and quiet when you move
- Length: 8.2 ft (2.5 m)
- Weight: ADZ6B4 - 119 g
- Pro-quality gold-plated XLR connector on the amp side
- Pro-quality gold-plated latching 4-pin mini-XLR connectors to headphones
- Dielectric strength: 500 VAC
- Resistance: 170 milliohms for return path of 8.2 ft cable including the contact resistance of the mini-XLR connector on the LCD2 housing
- Capacitance: 250 pF including mini-XLR connector on LCD housing
- Response: -3 dB @ 12.7 MHz
Inductance: 1.8 microH