This subwoofer amplifier is the1000 Watt (@ 4ohms) driving force behind the new Klipsch THX® Ultra2 system.
The KA-1000-THX subwoofer amplifier is the powerful driving force behind the new Klipsch THX® Ultra2 system. This model offers rock-solid dependability under the most demanding conditions and allows listeners to experience all the power, detail and emotion of their favorite music and movies.
- Delivers 1000-watts into a 4 ohm load
- Can support two high performance subwoofers
- Finished in black with a machined aluminum front panel and knobs
This full-featured Class D amplifier, which can be conveniently located near the rest of the installation's electronics, has a built-in, defeatable, low-pass crossover and level control, boundary-gain compensation switch, completely variable phase control, and an auto power function. This high-performance amplifier has a massive toroidal power supply that is capable of delivering 1000-watts into a 4 ohm load. It can also support two high performance subwoofers and has a left and right RCA pass-through.
Finished in black with a machined aluminum front panel and knobs, the KA-1000-THX uses professional style NL2 Speakon® outputs for the high current transfer of power to the subwoofer.
The KA-1000-THX delivers a combination of flexibility, reliability and sound quality that is unmatched.
- AMPLIFIER: High-Efficiency Class D
- AUTO POWER ON: 2 second ON delay, 15 minute OFF delay
- BUILT FROM: 2004
- DIMENSIONS: 4.75" (12.1cm) H x 17.5" (44.5cm) W x 12.25" (31.1cm) D
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Use only with KW-120-THX subwoofer enclosures (either one or two)
- EXPORT VOLTAGE: 230 VAC 50/60Hz
- FEATURES: THX On/Off, Boundary Gain Compensation On/Off
- FINISH: Black anodized aluminum
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20Hz-1kHz +0/-3dB
- INPUTS: 2 Gold-plated RCA phono jacks
- LOW PASS CROSSOVER: Continuously variable from 40-120Hz, 24dB/octave slope above 120Hz (non-THX mode)
- OUTPUTS: 2 Gold-plated RCA phono jacks (unfiltered) / 2 Speakon(r) NL2 jacks
- PHASE: Continuously variable from 0 to 180 degrees
- POWER HANDLING: FTC Rated Power: 500W into 8 ohms, 1000W into 4 ohms
- VOLTAGE: 110/120 VAC 60Hz
- WEIGHT: 27 lbs. (12.3kg)