THX® Ultra2 Subwoofer with 12" driver. For use with KA-1000-THX.
The world's finest theater operators choose Klipsch cinema systems because they deliver the full impact of the most intense action movie soundtracks without sacrificing musical definition. When designing the KW-120-THX subwoofer, Klipsch applied its theater experience to bring the same powerful, deep-driving bass to the comforts of home.
- 12-inch, long-throw Cerametallic™ driver
- Front-firing port
- Top-of-the-line internal wiring
To achieve intense, deep-bass output in large rooms, this high-performance subwoofer that is part of the THX® Ultra2 family features a 12-inch, long-throw Cerametallic™ driver and front-firing port. It includes a 15 pound motor structure and a 20-foot Monster® THX Ultra cable with Neutrik Speakon® connectors. The subwoofer is driven by an external 1-kilowatt amplifier (KA-1000-THX) tailored to its characteristics for maximum output and reliability with extremely low distortion.
The subwoofer's enclosure has the dado and rabbet construction used in Klipsch professional speakers for structural integrity.
Finished in Galaxy black with an aluminum fascia, the KW-120-THX also features top-of-the-line internal wiring to ensure that every roar or explosion is heard with complete clarity.
- AMPLIFIER: Use only with KA-1000-THX
- BUILT FROM: 2004
- DIMENSIONS: 20.25" (51.4cm) H x 17.75" (45.1cm) W x 17.75" (45.1cm) D (w/ grille)
- ENCLOSURE MATERIAL: MDF
- ENCLOSURE TYPE: Bass reflex via front-firing slot port
- FINISHES: Galaxy Black cabinet with Black anodized aluminum fascia
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 20-200Hz 3dB
- NOMINAL IMPEDANCE: 8 ohms
- POWER HANDLING: See KA-1000-THX specifications
- SENSITIVITY: 130dB @ 30Hz, 122dB @ 20Hz, 112dB @ 15Hz 1/8 space, 1m (2 enclosures side-by-side per THX Ultra2)
- WEIGHT: 80 lbs. (36.3kg)
- WOOFER: 12" (30.5cm) front-firing, Cermetallic(tm) cone, cast aluminum frame driver with a 240oz ceramic magnet structure