The Tannoy CMS401e Ceiling Monitor System is suited to high-level music and speech reinforcement applications requiring exceptional sonic quality with uncompromised reliability. The point source configuration of the Tannoy ICT™ driver's mid-bass and tweeter sections ensures a wide and controlled dispersion for optimum coverage; this while avoiding the massive loss of energy, in the vertical plane at the crossover frequency, inherent in two-way discreet designs. The (Inductive Coupling Technology) drive unit also address the two most common component failures experienced in background music and sound reinforcement systems, the tweeter and the crossover reliability. The use of a wireless electromagnetic tweeter means that no crossover is required in the design; this therefore ensures that an ICT™ unit cannot be burned out through system misuse or by constant heavy usage. This 19mm (0.75”) aluminium high frequency dome has a deep drawn skirt that sits on the inside of the low frequency voice coil in the same magnetic gap. The skirt is like a single shorted turn, which is induced with high frequency information generated by the low frequency voice coil, which is fed a full bandwidth signal. The mineral loaded polypropylene cone material and nitrile rubber surround of the 100mm (4.00”) mid bass cone further enhance durability and long-term reliability.
The inclusion of a premium quality 30W Tannoy THP 30 multi-tap transformer, for distributedline operation, provides high system sensitivity, wide bandwidth and dynamic range; achieved with very low insertion loss.
Specifically designed for fast, simple and cost effective installation in new and existing buildings, the CMS401e can be entirely angled towards the listener within the fixed ceiling mounting ring. The challenge of difficult speaker placement, in less than perfect room configurations, is therefore eliminated by being able to discreetly pivot the loudspeaker towards the desired area of coverage.
- 100mm (4.00") point source ICT™ driver
- Wide, controlled constant directivity dispersion foroptimum coverage
- Does not suffer from massive loss of energy in thevertical plane at crossover caused by two way discrete designs
- UV/weather resistant UL94V-0 ABS construction forstructural integrity
- Low insertion loss 30 Watt line transformer – for amore powerful and dynamic performance
- Tapping switch for settings
- 3 clamp self-aligning mounting system
- Packaged with tile rails and C-ring for quick &easy installation and simple stocking logistics
- Five year warranty