Oracle Audio Paris Carbon Fiber Tonearm
- Brand: Oracle Audio
- Product Code: Paris Tonearm
Free Lifetime Technical Assistance
Contact Us to Purchase
The Oracle Paris tonearm is a Pro-Ject 9cc tonearm that has had its performance greatly enhanced by the addition of a vibration and resonance control system. This collaboration with Pro-ject comes from the long time friendship of Jacques Riendeau and Heinz Lichtenegger who was Oracle's distributor in Austria for many years. Development of the Delphi MK VI micro vibration stabilisation system led to significant improvements in sound. Applying that very same design philosophy led to the develeopment of the Paris tonearm micro vibration damping system. A small "paddle" attached to the belly of the tonearm that dips into a narrow arc-shaped bath of silicone fluid was added to the 9cc tonearm. This damping mechanism effectively reduced the unwanted resonances and vibrations in the tonearm.
- Conical carbon-fibre armtube avoids standing wave reflections.
- Inverted bearing design with four hardened ABEC7 spec ballraces.
- Solid armbase permits accurate height adjustment of armtube and VTA (vertical tracing angle).
- Single-screw fixing of armtube allows rotation for easy adjustment of needle azimuth despite fixed headshell.
- Highly flexible top-grade copper internal wiring.
- Linn standard mount.
- Available with 5-pole standard socket, flying leads or terminal with phono sockets and earth screw.
Headshell 0.5" (12.7m) Standanrd
Mounting distance 212mm (platter to tonearm base, Linn standard)
Effective length 9" (230mm)
Effective mass 8.5g
Weight 250g (without counterweight
Supplied counterweight cartridge weight 6-10g
Optional counterweight cartridge weight 3-6g, 5-8g, 10-15g
Oracle Paris tonearms all come with Oracle Audio branding and with a micro vibration silicone damping device.